Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Oh for the love of Pinterest!!

I know you have heard of Pinterest....... If not then climb out from under that rock!! ( and check it out here )

Well I have been having so much fun the last month or two trying to make a new "pinterest inspired dinner" for my family at least 5 days out of the week. Random note ** I am in love with crockpot recipes!! **

Anyway....thought I would share what I made for dinner last night:: (edit// this was from TWO nights ago now, I am just finishing the blog I started haha)

 

Skinny Sour Cream Enchiladas

original recipe found here


Ingredients:

• 16 oz. fat free sour cream
• 1 can fat free cream of chicken soup
• 1 tbls. fresh chopped cilantro (1/2 tbls. dried)  I forgot this at the store :(
• 2 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast
• 1 can Mexican Rotel
• 1 cup chopped onions
• 8 low carb tortillas
• 1 cup shredded pepper jack and colby cheese blend

Directions:

Cook up some chicken and shred it ( yep I sure did use my crockpot to get that chicken cooked in the morning)

 
Now mix together the soup ( no added water just whats in the can) and the sour cream. OH and the cilantro if you didn't forget to get some at the store like I did! Stir them in a saucepan over low/medium heat just until heated through.


 
Next combine the chicken, Rotel, and onions in a skillet sprayed with cooking spray. Heat until the onions are transparent ( or if your like me again just heat until you feel the flavors are combined)

 
Warm your tortillas a bit so you can work with them ( about 10-15 secs.) and fill them with a couple TBS. of the chicken mixture. Top the chicken with a pinch or so of cheese.

 
Roll the tortilla up like a burrito (sides in.... roll) then place seam side down in an 8x11 dish sprayed with cooking spray.

Pour the cream sauce over the top and spread evenly.

 
Top with remaining cheese ** I may have not followed the recipe on this part and I may have just put a ton of cheese on top**



Bake at 350 for 25-30 mins. until the cheese is bubbly and melted!

 
TADA!!
 
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 275; Total Fat: 8g; Total Carbs: 30g; Protein: 14g
 
 

1 comments:

Jennifer Collver said...

So much cheese! Reminds me of the last time I made lasagna. I was sort of just rushing through it and not taking my time so I ended up mixing the 2 cups of cheese the recipe called for in with the ricotta and eggs for the layering - Totally missing the fact that I was supposed to set aside 1 of those 2 cups to put on the top. Luckily I always have an extra few bags of shredded cheese waiting around in the fridge! The more cheese the better I say!

Post a Comment

 
Content A Dash of Time | Design Poppiness Designs