Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Something I wrote

I used to write poetry. I think I was good at it back when I was unhappy most of the time. I have tried to sit and write since then but the poems are never quite as powerful. Anyway.... I wrote this poem when I was 17. I had submitted it to a website so lucky for you I was able to find it to post all these years later!

ummm..... enjoy......?!

My love

the emptiness...the swollen eyes
the tears that fall...those retched lies
the empty words...my broken heart
my prayers....that we wont be apart
longing for this to come to an end
the ...hurt...the bitterness.... i start to desend
your cold words uttered...deep in the night
my mission remains.... to soon take flight
i cant hold on...the feelings prevail
the words you speak shall guide my sail
love..passion...and truth behold
this pain is unruley..ive carried my load
i must escape...from bitter truth
youve taken all of my innocent youth
tell your lies...and mask your face
my love for you...will be replaced
whisper those words im longing to hear
stay far away...yet keep me near
this hurt no longer posesses my soul
my pain becomes less...and my love becomes dull.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content A Dash of Time | Design Poppiness Designs