Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

30 things::My Parents

 Yup, it's that time again people....for....
 
 

 
#3
 
 


 
Well... this is them :) **isn't that little girl in the middle a cutie patootie?? that's my mom when she was 5 years old. Awwww.**
 
Anywho. Back to the relationship part.
 
First of all let me start by saying my dad actually passed away from a brain tumor when I was 13 years old. The parents that I have a relationship with now are my mom and step-father.
 
Libby and Miles
 
Hmmmmm..... what to say knowing my mom is reading this haha. Just kidding, it's not like she wouldn't know our "relationship status." My parents have been married since I was 9, so almost 20 years!
My relationship with my mom NOW is great, but when I was a teenager. YIKES! We did not get along. Nope, we did not see eye to eye. I wish that I could go back to those days and have a relationship with her that I hope to someday have with my daughter. I wish that we had been closer then like we are now. It is so nice to always have someone who loves you and will listen and give advice. She is someone that I feel completely comfortable with and call her with all my problems. a lot. often. haha sorry mom. I just love my mom! I never understood her when I was growing up .... do any kids actually understand the decisions that their parents make for them? She was given the impossible difficult task of raising a girl like me, and I must say she did a fabulous job. Sure I may be a little spoiled ;) but I LOVE Jesus and I think I have a great head on my shoulders. Thanks mom!
 
Now onto my step-dad Miles. wowsa...do we have all day? Actually our relationship growing up is easy to explain .... I didn't like him. AT ALL. I always thought he was stealing my mom's love away and he was just a big monster who wanted to make my life miserable. Fast forward about 10 years ( to when I was about 21-22 ish) I thought I finally "got it" he is the best grandpa I could ask for for my children (especially Jordon....they are BFFS!!) Finally I had the "dad" I had wanted my entire childhood.
BUT WAIT
I still did not get it 100%
UNTIL.....
 
I married Jon.
 
 Now I can say I understand completely the struggles my mom had being in between her children and her husband, and I totally get how amazing my step dad really was/is for staying with my mom even if she did have 2 bratty (yes little sister I said it) young girls. Thank you mom for being a strong woman in a difficult situation and thank you Miles for being a stand up guy and taking on not just a wife but 2 girls that became wonderful women!
 
 
 
 
 
 







 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content A Dash of Time | Design Poppiness Designs