Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

TRUTH!

Ok, I'm just going to say it. I have faced the facts and blogging has for sure hit the back burner for the time being. BUT there is something burning inside of me that I feel I want to...no NEED to get off my chest!
 
So.... here goes. My deepest thoughts of the day.
 
So, lately, I have noticed a lot of people going through a hard time financially. It happens to us all at some point unless your a Kardashian. In a lot of ways I don't really feel like I have the right to stand on a soap box and preach to anyone on this subject, because I have not always been the best with money AT ALL!! However, my husband is great with money and such a wise man who has taught me SO SO much! So I am going to go out on a limb and risk losing friends or making some people mad but it needs to be said....
 
TITHING COMES FIRST!
 
I hear it all the time " The first and most important thing is the roof over my head and/or the food on my table." or even "God understands that I have to feed my family and can only give what I have left, I have faith that he won't let me starve." guess what..... your wrong. Break out the bible people, I don't  mean to offend anyone but living this way will NEVER pay off. "Your" money is not your money at all, it's HIS! God has specifically told us that we need to trust in him first which means giving him our first 10%
 
I get it, really I do. It can be scary to part with that much when you don't know how you will feed, clothe, or house your family, but leave that part to God.... because when you trust in him REALLY trust in him, he keeps his promises and will NOT forsake you!
 
Don't believe me? How about this.... we own a house, have 2 cars, have 2 children with closets FULL of clothes, have cable and Internet, plenty of food and snacks on hand, money in the bank and plenty of other bills...all paid on ONE income at the time being since I am a stay at home mom. Things can get tight at times but if you saw how much we made vs. how much we pay in bills etc. and STILL have money left over it wouldn't even make sense to you. It makes complete sense to us. God is our provider and he consistently provides!
 
Love to you and yours.... be wise because now you know!! ;)
 
 

1 comments:

Ceashells said...

A wise person once told me that if my fist is clenched so tightly holding onto my money, God can never fir anything INTO it. Besides, tithing is an act of obedience. We want our children to be obedient to us, just as HE wants us to be as well. Sometimes, you just have to let go and trust that your last 10 bucks you gave to tithe, will be noticed as an act of love and obedience. Trust me, it will come back to you.

Post a Comment

 
Content A Dash of Time | Design Poppiness Designs